Now that the weather is beautiful, Nugget and I have been trying to find some good springtime activities to do together. I have been doing research about dog friendly activities in the Baltimore area. Some of these places I have visited, and the rest I plan on visiting this spring! Let me know if you have any other great ideas.
1) Have a picnic on Federal Hill. Sit on top of Federal Hill for a great view of the city with your pup! I have been to Federal Hill many times for different activities including sledding and strolling. For a relaxing, cheap afternoon you can pack some food from home and take in the view with your best friend.
2) Smell the flowers at Cylburn Arboretum. This is a beautiful city park with tons of walking trails and gardens to explore. It’s very dog friendly, and they even have dog posts with doggie poo bags provided. This is a great place to have a picnic, hike, or view some beautiful spring flowers.
3) Relax on the patio of Belvedere Square. Sip on some wine or eat some delicious food on the patio! This an indoor marketplace with a lot of different delicious options. You can have a sandwich, ramen, smoothie, or dessert in addition to so much more! If you’re looking for some drinks, there are plenty of options including wine, sake, and beer. With ample outdoor seating, this is an awesome place to chill with your dog on a warm spring evening.
4) Bengie’s Drive-In Theatre. We have not done this one yet, but I definitely want to enjoy a drive-in movie with my pup. Make sure to follow the rules listed on the website to keep the experience enjoyable for everyone there.
5) Take a boat ride with Cruises on the Bay. Departing from both Baltimore and Annapolis, Cruises on the Bay allows friendly, leashed dogs for free! I cannot wait to try this one out!
6) Check out a local brewery that allows dogs. A lot of the breweries that do not serve food allow dogs to join you for a beer. I know there are several around, but one I have been wanting to check out is Diamonback Brewing Company in McHenry Row.